Documents required by the Suez Canal Authorities: One copy of each of the following documents must normally be presented not later than 90 minutes after the registered arrival time and in any event the documents should not be presented later than one hour after the arrival time limits.
1. Cargo manifest.
2. Ballast declaration.
3. Crew list.
4. Declaration of contents of ship’s double bottom and other tanks.
5. Navigability declaration.
When a ship is to sail through the Suez Canal for the first time, all the above documents must be accompanied by the following:
1. Ship’s capacity plan.
2. Ship’s registry certificate.
3.Ship’s engine room plan.
4.Suez Canal special tonnage certificate.
5.Ship’s general arrangement plan.
Priority booking are possible, provided the Canal Authority receives a five days' notice of the intended transit date and the vessel arrives within the convoy time-limit. Tugs can be arranged with four days notice of ETA.
The first ETA cable (to be sent 5 days prior to the vessel's arrival to the Suez/ Port Said) must include the following:
1. Suez Canal gross and net registered tonnage.
2. Date of the latest Suez Canal tonnage certificate
3. International gross and net registered tonnage.
4. Date of registry certificate.
6. Owners name.
7. Type as described in the registry certificate.
8. Previous name if any.
9. Date of the last transit through the Suez Canal and the name at that time.
10. Information on any modifications since the last passage through the Canal; if none, under "particulars" no change should be indicated.
11. Cargo details (if necessary indicate class for dangerous cargo.)
C) Arrival Limits
Latest Arrival Times: A ship of the first southbound convoy leaves between 1:00 and 05:00 hours local time. The arrival time limit for this convoy is 19:00 hours the previous evening, i.e. 6 hours before the first departure time. Ships of the second southbound convoy leave Port Said between 07:00 and 08:00 hours local time. The arrival limit for this convoy is 03:00 hours, i.e. 4 hours before the first departure time for this convoy.
The second southbound convoy, making fast at "Ballah Loop" Eastern branch, ship's length, beam and draft permitting.
From Suez the northbound convoy leaves between 06:00 and 11:30 hours local time, with an arrival time limit of 03:00 hours, i.e. 3 hours before the first departure time.
In case of insufficient time for admitting all the schedule vessels into the convoy, a group of "Ordinary" ships may be allowed ahead of the convoy, with departure from Suez taking place from 03:00 to 04:00 hours local time.
Transit speed is normally 14km per hour.