Garbage removal Suez
Ministry of transport
General Authority for Red Sea Ports
General Directorate for Management and Organization
RESOLUTION OF THE CHAIRMAN
No. 71 dated 26.08.2011
The Chairman of the Board: –
• After consideration of the law no. 47 year 1978 regarding the civil employees in the country.
• Based upon the republic decision no. 217 year 1978 regarding the establishment of General Authority for Red Sea Ports.
• The decision of H. E. the Minister of transport no. 12 year 2011 to assign us as a chairman of the boar of General Authority of the Red Sea.
• Upon the decision of H. E. the Minister of transport no. 23 year 1991 concerning the addition of calculation with regard to waste collection process from Suez port.
• Upon law no. 4 year 1994 concerning environment procession modified as per law no. 9 year 2009
• Upon the decision of H.E. the minister of transport no. 520 year 2003 concerning the rules and regulations of license for works practices concerning Egyptian marine ports.
• Upon decision no. 101 year 2009 issued by the authority,
• Upon the approval of the Board of Directors to modify the resolution of no. 101 year 2003 in session no. 151 dated 14.04.2011 approved by H. E. the minister of transport.
• Upon our instruct
All marine works contractors shall abide to the following: –
- Not to transact with the ship master or ship crew unless through a shipping agency of the ship
- Misuse of license, by any means or damage the reputation of the country or the port.
- It is not allowed to practice any works which are different from the licensed works as per Ministerial decisions regulating these works; directly or indirectly in case of breach’ the contractor is forbidden from practicing the works and licenses are to be nullified, in addition to any criminal penalty to be enforced.
The fees for furnishing these services as follows :
First : as for the ships existing inside the territories of the port / waiting to transit suez canal as follows :
- USD 75 per square meter, minimum of 3 m for external waiting area
- USD 60 per square meter, minimum of 3 m for internal waiting area
Second : as for ships berthing alongside the terminal as calculated according to the following rates :
- USD 50 per square meter, minimum of 2 m
Third : Minimum rate for providing this services in case of no garbage as per the following rates:
- USD 100 for external waiting area – USD 70 for internal waiting area
- USD 50 for the quay
These rates are subject to reconsideration each year.
The shipping agency of the ship is hereby obliged to pay the value of the invoice of providing the service by marine works contractors after deducting of a 20 % of the invoice value and supplied for the account of General Authority for Red Sea ports in acceptable payable cheque and are paid as follows:
- Some 15 % for port authority to be paid as bonus for the employees of the port authority against the works performers and follow up.
- Some 5 % for the favor of Suez and Red Sea Chamber of Shipping
The shipping agency shall pay the whole value of the invoice within two weeks from the date of the invoice receipt. Failure to pay in due time, the shipping agency is to be notified to pay within another week, in case of no payment the all administrative and legal procedures are to be taken to pay the invoice value.