Ministry of Health & Population Important Periodical
updating COVID-19 regulations for crew (sign on/ sign off)
Please find attached copy of important periodical received from Ministry of Health & Population in regards to updated regulations in the quarantine departments for crew (arriving/departing) by air, sea or land as an entry points in view of COVID-19.
Kindly note this regulation are enforced as from 1/09/2020.
Please find below translation into English language for your easy reference:
Ministry of Health & Population
Att. Head of Health Affairs
With reference to Prime Minister decisions regarding health regulations concerning entry points and in addition to circulars and Periodicals relevant and in view of follow-up actions In regard to the situation.
Please note and guide with necessary to enforce the following regulations in the quarantine departments (air, sea and land) entry points starting from 1/9/2020
- It is prohibited for arrivals to the Arab Republic of Egypt of all nationalities, including the Egyptian nationality to enter the Arab Republic of Egypt , by land, sea or air without carrying a PCR certified test for covied-19 virus with negative result with max. 48 hours before arriving the Egyptian lands, excluding children under 6 years old.
- All crew are prohibited to enter the Arab Republic of Egypt without carrying a PCR certified test for covied-19 virus with negative result max. 48 hours before arriving the Egyptian lands or The PCR test to be collected before disembarking to any of Egyptian ports through quarantine or under its’ supervision and immediately to be sent to Laboratories concerned of the Ministry of Health. Crew will be only permitted to disembark after the negative result appears and Those with positive results will not be allowed to disembark.
- Coordinating with health affairs directorates in regard with collecting the samples from crew on board and sending it to Health Laboratories concerned to proceed with PCR Tests for covied-19.
- Commitment of shipping agencies to report a list with names , nationalities and Nos. of crew required to sign off at Egyptian ports by 48 hours before vsl arrival.
PCR TEST RESULT CERTIFICATE is accepted when fulfilling the below requirements:
- Time and date of sample collection to be stated -time to count is 48 hrs from time of collecting the sample.
- To be issued from an authorized/certified laboratory, Sealed with lab stamp and does not have anything deleted or added.
- Kind of sample to be stated.
- Kind of analysis to be stated (RT-PCR).
- In case of violating the procedures mentioned , necessary legal action will be taken against the airlines or the shipping agents.
- Enforcing full procedure of sanitary screening on all expatriates (arriving/departing) at entry points.
- Other regulations that violates this procedure will be cancelled.
Best regards Central Dept. for Quarantine
Head of preventive Medicine General Manager
Dr. Alaa Eid Dr. Ayman Emam Mohamed
Further updates on Kadmar Shipping LinkedIn page : www.linkedin.com/company/kadmarshipping