El Gouna’s first marina, Abu Tig is in a league of its own among Red Sea marinas both for the high standard of services it provides as well as for its matchless backdrop: a harbor town that is not only architecturally praiseworthy but also offers El Gouna’s most exclusive shopping and dining. A number of lodging options are also available in the marina, which houses hotels ranging from intimate inns to a four-star beachfront establishment.
Red Sea’s first yacht marina opened in 2005 with over 130 berths – all equipped with the latest technology and amenities to ensure yacht owners have quick and easy access to their vessels.
An expansion of the Abu Tig Marina was added in late 2009 catering to the rapidly expanding mega yacht market by offering 154 additional berths for vessels up to 60 meters in length.
- Berthing for approximately 300 boats
- All berths stern to mooring / Mediterranean style
- Ship lift – vessels up to 30m, max load 250 ton (Abydos Marina)
- Slipway/launching ramp
- Metered electric and water
- Gas tank refilling
- Ship chandler
- Wastewater pump-out
- Showers, toilets, and laundry
- International telephone
- WiFi Internet and cable TV
- Shops, grocery, and fresh produce
- Full range of resort facilities
- 24-hour security